The Meeting After The Meeting – GOC’s Virtual 18th Annual CPD Meeting
We are thrilled to announce to all our membership an equal opportunity to benefit from the outstanding topics that were presented at CPD. No matter where you are in the world, all you need is a smart phone, tablet or laptop/computer to view GOC's 18th Annual CPD meeting presentations anytime! Yes, most presentations were filmed and are available for viewing. Earn self-learning CME credits from using your device!
Sign-up now and within a few hours, check your inbox for login instructions to access the presentations.
This virtual meeting is available to GOC members only as a benefit of membership.
May 9, 2018 - September 9, 2018
The Society of Gynecologic Oncology of Canada
2781 Lancaster Road, Suite 200, Ottawa, Ontario
Host: The Society of Gynecologic Oncology of Canada
Contact E-Mail: email@example.com
- To describe current, relevant, molecular and cell biology discoveries, highlighting how these insights impact our understanding of the pathogenesis and treatment of cancer
- To describe and interpret new genetic technologies in the assessment of hereditary gynecologic cancers
- To describe the principles of MR-guided interstitial radiotherapy
- To apply the principles of MR-guided interstitial radiotherapy in the treatment of regionally advanced gynecologic cancers
- To critically appraise the results of new radiotherapy trials in the management of endometrial cancer
- To examine the effect of long surgical wait times on cancer outcomes and the gynecologic cancer patient experience
- To summarize the practical aspects of prescribing medical marijuana
- To understand the importance of fear of recurrence in the gynecologic cancer patient experience
- To review the unique side effects of immunotherapy
- To evaluate response to immunotherapy by discussing IR RECIST criteria
- To update evidence on the use of dose dense chemotherapy for ovarian cancer
- To understand the reasoning behind tumour testing for BRCA prior to germline testing
- To describe new systemic therapies and discuss their role in the management of gynecologic cancer treatment
Category Reg fee
GOC Member physicians $100.00
GOC Member fellows, nurses, residents, researchers, pharmacists $ 50.00
Those who register for The Meeting After The Meeting will receive the log in information to access the presentations within 24 hours of registration. Be sure to check your email!
Online bookings are not available for this event.
Accomodations & Travel
We would like to acknowledge the following companies for their support of our 18th Annual Continuing Professional Development Meeting in the form of sponsorship or educational grants:
DIAMOND+: Astra Zeneca
PLATINUM: Merck Canada Inc.
SILVER: Minogue Medical Inc.
BRONZE: Allen-Carey Scholarship Fund in Women’s Health, Hoffmann-La Roche
OTHER SPONSORS: CAREpath