The Meeting After The Meeting – GOC’s Virtual 19th Annual CPD Meeting
We are thrilled to announce to all our membership an equal opportunity to benefit from the outstanding topics that were presented at CPD. No matter where you are in the world, all you need is a smart phone, tablet or laptop/computer to view GOC's 19th Annual CPD meeting presentations anytime! Yes, most presentations were filmed and are available for viewing. Earn self-learning CME credits from using your device!
Sign-up now and within a few hours, check your inbox for login instructions to access the presentations.
This virtual meeting is available to GOC members only as a benefit of membership.
May 9, 2019 - September 9, 2020
The Society of Gynecologic Oncology of Canada
2781 Lancaster Road, Suite 200, Ottawa, Ontario
Host: The Society of Gynecologic Oncology of Canada
Contact E-Mail: email@example.com
- To improve our understanding of the role of robotics-assisted surgery for gynecologic cancers;
- To review the indications for PARP inhibitor use in gynecologic oncology;
- To describe an interdisciplinary approach to malignant bowel obstruction;
- To understand the landscape of immunotherapy clinical trials in gynecologic oncology in Canada and how to develop an immune-oncology program in the hospital;
- To discuss the role of minimally invasive surgery and its limitations in the treatment of cervix cancer;
- To summarize the advances in radiotherapy in the treatment of cervix cancer and vulvar cancer;
- To summarize the role of hormone replacement therapy for gynecologic oncology patients;
- To discuss the applications of radiotherapy in palliative circumstances;
- To introduce the principles of pelvic physiotherapy and how it can be helpful for gynecologic oncology patients;
- To review new perspectives in HPV testing;
- To discuss the new advances in pathology and translational research for vulvar cancer and the resulting upcoming systemic therapies;
- To review considerations for the integration of oncology biosimilars in clinical practice.
Molecular biology for gynecologic cancers: Program Objectives
- Discuss how advancements in basic science lead to specific improvements in cancer care for women.
- Review the description, classification, biology and significance of the chromosomal changes found in cancer.
- Discuss the current approaches and pitfalls to measuring ctDNA and how measuring ctDNA will improve the treatment of cancer and specifically GYN Cancers.
- Discuss molecular biology of HPV infection including typing, oncogenicity, and detection.
CPD Registration Fees
Category Reg fee
GOC Member physicians $100.00
GOC Member fellows, nurses, residents, researchers, pharmacists $ 50.00
Molecular Biology Course Registration Fees
Category Reg fee
GOC Member physicians $35.00
GOC Member fellows, nurses, residents, researchers, pharmacists $15.00
We are in the process of revamping our Event registration platform, this transition will take a few weeks and we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience that it may cause. To register for this event, please contact Chisomo Msoffe at firstname.lastname@example.org. Those who register for The Meeting After The Meeting will receive the log in information to access the presentations within 24 hours of registration. Be sure to check your email!
Online bookings are not available for this event.
Accomodations & Travel
We would like to acknowledge the following companies for their support of our 19th Annual Continuing Professional Development Meeting in the form of sponsorship or educational grants:
DIAMOND+: Astra Zeneca
GOLD: Hoffmann-La Roche, Merck Canada Inc.
SILVER: Minogue Medical Inc.
BRONZE: Allen-Carey Scholarship Fund in Women’s Health, CAREpath, Hoffmann-La Roche, Hologic, Tesaro/GSK